Homecoming Weekend 2021 is here! Click here to view the Schedule of Events!
West Nottingham Academy is an incredible place to work and live. Situated in the rolling countryside of northern Maryland, our 100-acre campus is a short driving distance to Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Philadelphia. Located on the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay, our surroundings are a nature lover’s paradise, but in close reach to major metropolitan cities.
Our school takes pride in and is committed to the diversity of our community as a whole, including those who work here. We support equal opportunity and encourage all to apply.
Potential candidates are encouraged to email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. See our available employment opportunities listed below.
About West Nottingham Academy:
West Nottingham Academy (WNA) is a 9th-12th/PG co-educational boarding and day school located in Maryland near the picturesque Chesapeake Bay, an hour from Philadelphia and Baltimore and two hours from New York and Washington, D.C. We are an inclusive community that provides a global perspective while promoting independent and innovative thinking. Established in 1744, West Nottingham Academy is the oldest boarding school in the country with a bold vision to prepare the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Head of School and a member of the school’s leadership team, the Director of Student Talent and Recruitment is responsible for WNA’s full enrollment management strategy, including brand awareness, financial aid, on-boarding, and retention. They are the primary ambassador for West Nottingham, ensuring families, community partners, and other stakeholders view WNA as the destination for students to learn to think critically, creatively, ethically, globally and abundantly. Working in partnership with the Director of Marketing and Head of School, The Director of Student Talent Recruitment utilizes an understanding of local demographics, the regional economy, and national and international trends to create a messaging campaign and application experience that will entice mission-appropriate candidates to apply, enroll, unleash their potential, and channel it into their future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with colleagues, and under the supervision of the Head of School, the Director of Student Talent Recruitment responsibilities include:
• Contribute to the mission and vision of the school by recruiting and retaining students who will benefit from the school’s unique approach and programming and who will contribute to the school community
• Present the school to prospective students and parents, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents; organizing tours, interviews, campus visits, Open House events and school fairs; securing application components – references and required school documents; conducting and/or arranging for assessments where suitable, and communicating final decisions to appropriate individuals
• Oversee an exemplary onboarding experience for students and their families
• Manage the admissions office, including the budget. Create and propose appropriate admissions marketing materials, mailings, social media posts, and publications
• Evaluate continually the admissions and marketing program with the goal of systematically increasing enrollment of qualified students
• Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year, including assisting families in decision-making and supporting retention events for different grade levels
• Build and nurture connections with educational consultants, K-8/9 feeder schools, organizations
• Produce reports of the relevant statistics on all aspects of the admissions and re-enrollment process
• Plan and organize the distribution and tracking of enrollment surveys, post-graduate surveys, and final enrollment agreements for new families
• Ensure strategic and adequate marketing of admissions events, including advertising, signage, programs, and memorabilia for visitors/prospective families
• Travel domestically and internationally; represent the school at various fairs, events and conferences
• Perform non-essential duties as assigned and participate in the life of the school community
Competitive compensation package, multiple-year contract, housing, and dining included.
West Nottingham Academy’s Diversity Statement:
We, as a community of learners, welcome and value diversity and what it adds to a learning environment. Every individual of the West Nottingham Academy community brings an intricate combination of cultural traditions, personal and family beliefs, and life experiences. As a historically inclusive Academy, West Nottingham respects and supports the ethical and educational importance of a multicultural curriculum and co-curricular program in accordance with its mission statement and core values.